Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Family Vacation making memories


Greetings from Seattle (AKA Massachusetts). There really hasn't been a summer this year. It's been wet, cold, or muggy. My garden is struggling the girls are restless, and I'm having a bad hair day SUMMER. N and I rented a house at the beach this year. This was our first Family Vacation. We were both getting a little nervous on how this was going to go if it rained the whole week. What do you do with two small kids? You could watch Disney movies until you throw up, or go to the mall. It doesn't sound much different from our daily routine LOL:) The week leading up to the big event it not only rained but there was microburst’s??? I was keeping a positive attitude though. The weather report was looking good for the upcoming week, and we know how weathermen are always right. To add to my list of concerns Thursday E wakes up saying her belly hurts. I think I blocked it out because I was also so busy packing. Friday comes along and E says she feels great, but not acting like herself. No fever and she hasn't thrown up. I gave my Ped a call and asked if I could get her checked out. I jump in the car Friday afternoon to take E to the doctor. This is where this story sounds like a movie. I'm driving along the girls are asleep, suddenly hear a bump. Yes it was a flat tire, the plot thickens.

I'm able to drive it to the Doctor so I can still get E checked out. Of course N is in a meeting and I'm unable to reach him. So I leave him a long winded message.

The good news is E gets a clean bill of health. Walking out to the parking lot N already has someone working on putting on the spare tire. Things are turning around...I think. I follow N to drop off my car for new tires. The girls were starving so we decide get dinner while waiting for my car. E seems to be feeling better, but I notice is still holding her belly. Well let's just say dinner was cut short. E did indeed have a stomach bug. I was preparing for a long night. Thankfully she made it through without another incident. We stuck to the BRAT diet hoping she would feel better for the drive.

Things are getting back on track but C is starting to act off. She won't eat lunch before we leave, and is fussy. We get to our rented beach house I'm starting to feel relaxed. The sun is shining and E is feeling much better. I pick C up as we are unpacking and she feels very warm. I wanted to think it was just teething, but I knew better. Soon after we toured our rented beach house C decided to christen it. She threw up all over the kitchen floor. The Poretsky's had a bumpy ride getting to our vacation, but we ended up having the best week. Not one rainy day, the girls both recovered, and parents survived. A good time was had by all.

2 comments:

Ms. Zuba said...

LOVE the blog!!! I'm glad you started writing, make sure to record all the funny things the girls say :) And how ever did you get the cool picture thingy on the bottom of your post?

Janice said...

You can upload pictures to photobucket.com and create a slideshow. Hope you are having a great time with the family:)

York 2010

Poretsky Family Photos 2009

Rinney Turns 2

Five and Fabulous