Sunday, March 13, 2011

Run Mommy Run!



Today I did my first 5k with my dear friend Michele. The Funny Runner decided to venture outside.



I started running in October on my treadmill. New Years Day I ventured outside. If it wasn't for the encouragement, nudge of my friend Sara I would have never had enough confidence to run outside. I also needed to have a running buddy. Michele is the best!!!. No one likes to get up at 5:30 but we both do it. This winter has been tough so we are both excited for the spring.

We ran the Celtic 5k in Worcester. I was so excited by the shirt! Being an Irish girl running before a St Patrick's Day Parade is my thing. It was chilly but not the extreme cold we have experienced this winter. It wasn't raining so I was happy. With the fun music of the Drop Kick Murphy's we started our race. Michele and I finished our first 5k in just under 30 minutes!


Elise was puzzled by the fact I wouldn't win. She told me "Mom don't be so hard on yourself you could win." Love my girls! I also want to thank my dear hubby for being so supportive.



Enjoy some of the pictures of the day. Most picture credits go to Michele's husband. She gives great directions.
















































Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

No comments:

York 2010

Poretsky Family Photos 2009

Rinney Turns 2

Five and Fabulous