Monday, April 5, 2010

New Traditions


Easter was wonderful this year even though I was dreading it.

You see for the past 10 years I have spent it with my BEST friend, husband(now ex-husband) her daughter , and finally her boyfriend.

I miss her dearly, but there is nothing I can do. I'm done with saying I'm sorry. My life is about being the best wife, mother, and friend I can be. I have always been her biggest cheerleader, but my priorities are with my family.
It's been hard these past months without her, but actually I'm more at peace. I took on all her problems, and mine took the backseat, or I just didn't say anything.
All conflicts aside I miss the friendship, and wish her nothing but happiness, whatever that may be for her and her daughter.

So my DH knew I would be sad on Easter because he is Jewish and doesn't care. He actually suggested inviting all my friends that didn't have families in the area over. I of course jumped at the chance. I invited 3 families and all excepted. Each family had 2 kids so we had a total of 8 adults and 8 kids. It was a lovely day filled with food, egg hunt and more food.

So I guess at this stage of life we are still starting new traditions. Even though scary you just have to jump in.


I do miss the old traditions, but sometimes you just have to move on.
I will always have wonderful memories though.

2 comments:

Ms. Zuba said...

You know, I miss you too. It's wonderful to begin new traditions, but there is something so very sad in losing the old ones.

Sally HP said...

We had such a wonderful time!

You are such an amazing, and caring person. I feel so lucky that you're my friend!

York 2010

Poretsky Family Photos 2009

Rinney Turns 2

Five and Fabulous