Saturday, December 4, 2010

Funny Runner

So even this late in the game I'm still finding I can do things I never imagined. The latest is running. No I haven't started running any marathons or even outside. What I have done is started running 3 days a week on my treadmill. Over the past couple of months I've grown stronger. I can run faster and longer.

I'm still a little apprehensive of leaving the security of my basement treadmill. Runners that are hardcore would be able to spot my skill level. I wouldn't want to be labeled as the 'Funny Runner.' I have a lot of friends that love running so it's a little intimidating



One of the reasons I'm enjoying running is I don't have time to make lists in my head. I can't concentrate on anything else but my breathing and rocking out to my slightly inappropriate playlist:) It's time for me!

Will I take this to the next level and get more serious...the jury is out on that. For now I'm content running, listening to music, and clearing my head. It's nice to know I can still surprise myself.

1 comment:

Sally HP said...

Janice, the beauty of getting outside is that you'll see that we're ALL funny runners. I love the running community because there is truly a place for everyone. I think you should do Bloomsday with me in May!!! It's a run with over 20000 people, so you feel like a rock star. It's amazing! (it's a 12k, and there are people walk the whole thing, so no pressure :)) I'm so proud of you!!!

York 2010

Poretsky Family Photos 2009

Rinney Turns 2

Five and Fabulous