Thursday, January 5, 2012

January is a Jungle

I think the most popular resolution of the New Year is to be healthier. We all start our plans January 2nd full of hope.

For me going to the gym is part of my routine, but I always have new goals to keep me motivated. Last year running was a big focus, but I have really missed my spin classes and wanted to get back into that along with everything else.

I used to do spin 3-4 times a week. I actually spinned the day before I gave birth to Elise so I'm not a beginner.

I was excited this morning when I got up getting organized to get out the door in time to get my bike for a great class. I arrived early so I could set up and got Corinne off to Child Care. When I walked back into the spin room and sat down what do I hear? A women talking to the instructor saying she should stand at the door and determine all the "Regulars". She went on to say if you were not a regular you should go to the waiting list. I don't even think she noticed me when she was saying this. Maybe she did? It got me to thinking though what right does she have to single people out? Imagine how someone that has never taken spin before felt hearing her??

I'll admit being a person that goes to the gym year round it's busier at certain times. It can be annoying to change your routine, but at one time we were all beginners, right?

I have a treadmill at home but would rather go to the gym. I have been lucky to have supportive, instructors, and friends that make it fun to spend an hour exercising.

As a Mom of two little ones that have been tagging alone with me from the age of 6 months I know how hard it is to just GET to the gym we should all be supportive of each other.

2 comments:

Ms. Zuba said...

I agree!!!!

Sally HP said...

What a hag! Seriously, We all pay the same membership dues! Good for you getting back to spin, you are my inspiration on that front! I just started taking it and my bum is sooooore!

York 2010

Poretsky Family Photos 2009

Rinney Turns 2

Five and Fabulous